Forum Updates/Feedback
So @Bob1st has obviously done a great job migrating the forums to or new MyBB system.  There are a ton of new features, and not to mention it is a LOT faster.  But with every new system, some bugs will arise.

I would like to keep our feedback/suggestions/requests/bug reports here for an easy to access place.

Let us know what you think and we ALL need to thank Bob for his work!
Yea I think I got everything. Might be a few bugs in your signatures such as smiles showing up as strange code type things. Just got a delete that and replace it.

Also there might be randomly big words in some post because the front size scale is different in the old one then this one.
A very interesting layout compared to the old. I like it! Thanks Bob! Big Grin Might take a bit to get used to the new layout but I'm sure everyone will like it!
Overview of some of the new features here http://www.team-cream.com/forum/thread-232.html
Thanks for all the hard work Bob! The forums look great and are a lot easier to use! 
Forums look a lot better. What about putting in a background image on the forums? 

Are the forums going to be kept at a dark color? the blue and black are nice. Seems too dark though, maybe a lighter tone? like teal green (gloss) with white or light grey? or you can just keep the blue, but change the rest to white?
[Image: giphy.gif]
TC LEGEND
"+0 for now" - SwagJuice [TC] AKA "The One"
omg bob youre so quiet but secretly youre like a mad scientist brewing up these things

forums are cool theres buttons and things everywhere and i dont know what they do im gonna press all of them and probably ban myself by accident

anyways, im not a huge fan of the color scheme (and no im not suggesting it be pink..tho...) i like the grey backrounds but the bright blue sorta hurts my eyes. but again i realize that might be sorta hard to change.

this is just something incredibly small but when you send a PM , i didnt put a subject, and it wouldnt let me send it without one, but the error message was like a light grey on a white background and it was impossible to see without selecting the text. 

secondly, i seem to get logged out of the forums while im clicking around from thread to thread, is that just an issue on my side?
(12-16-2014, 04:11 PM)mauiihan Wrote: omg bob youre so quiet but secretly youre like a mad scientist brewing up these things

forums are cool theres buttons and things everywhere and i dont know what they do im gonna press all of them and probably ban myself by accident

anyways, im not a huge fan of the color scheme (and no im not suggesting it be pink..tho...) i like the grey backrounds but the bright blue sorta hurts my eyes. but again i realize that might be sorta hard to change.

this is just something incredibly small but when you send a PM , i didnt put a subject, and it wouldnt let me send it without one, but the error message was like a light grey on a white background and it was impossible to see without selecting the text. 

secondly, i seem to get logged out of the forums while im clicking around from thread to thread, is that just an issue on my side?

I think changing the colors isn't difficult. I haven't created a forum in a while but, there should be a CSS (cascade style sheet) where he just needs to find the code that handles the different section of the forums and just put in a new hex color.

For you logging out, did you save your credentials?
TC LEGEND
the color. i hate it. to bright. throws off everything.  bottons seem to be slightly moved.  and its hard to see if a thread has a new post or not. i like old simple better. 
(12-16-2014, 04:23 PM)gr:m Wrote: the color. i hate it. to bright. throws off everything.  bottons seem to be slightly moved.  and its hard to see if a thread has a new post or not. i like old simple better. 

lol, relax man. They'll make it better. This new forum was just recently implemented.
TC LEGEND
I have not had any problems being logged out.

As far as the buttons go, this is a completely new system, it happens, learn it.

Colors we are working on.
Little confused on buttons since its moved. The color is bright and kinda hurts the eyes. Other than that I think people will get used to the new forum
Ok lots of good feedback. Somethings I fixed/added 

• Fixed bug with errors showing up as late grey @mauiihan (Your logging out problem might be solved by clearing your cookies/cache in your browser)
  • Added View Unread post button and new post show as Unread if you never saw them @gr:m
The color scheme can be easily changed to fit our liking. Here's a example, now idk what way we want to go with the colors. Sounded like it's to bright so in my example I went for a more darker tone.

[Image: fYkFUjv.png]
the red from the old forums was sorta what i associated with TC - although that red is great in the example above, do you think you could get the old color? also might help transition if the color is familiar. 

personally i am adapting and liking this forum just as much as the old one. 

the view new posts and unread posts at the top is very helpful. 

i figured out the logging out thing, i was opening threads like i used to with ctrl+clicking to open a new tab-thats where the logging out happened. 

and a quick question i had, if i want to go back to the main page like where all the threads or different forum genres are, what button do i click, cause when i click on the forum without hitting the back key, im not sure how to return to the main forum page. 
Mauii,
Under the blue bar that says "User CP" there is a layout of the structure. click the appropriate link to go back.

Team Cream Forums › General › General Board [Image: arrow_down.png] 
This seems to be coming up a lot to quote a post Click the quote button then it shows a red minus. When your done quoting all the post you want then on the bottom of the editor click "Quote these post now" and they show up. Also for fast quoting only parts of it you can highlight the part you want then hit reply (Grey button that shows up)

[Image: gr7fDUx.png]

With the theme thing i'm going to attempt and replicate the old one the best I can on the new one here.
Got it now.  Thanks Bob-o
(12-17-2014, 03:56 PM)bob1st Wrote: This seems to be coming up a lot to quote a post Click the quote button then it shows a red minus. When your done quoting all the post you want then on the bottom of the editor click "Quote these post now" and they show up. Also for fast quoting only parts of it you can highlight the part you want then hit reply (Grey button that shows up)

[Image: gr7fDUx.png]

With the theme thing i'm going to attempt and replicate the old one the best I can on the new one here.
This BB release is solid. Forum looks great. I dig the blue colour scheme. Thanks!
Some more things I fixed/added..
  • Fixed another color bug..
  • Added Session manager so you can see where you are currently logged in from or have logged in from. Can be found in usercp --> sessions 
Will there be a mobile version?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  forum shenanigans mangö (2) 15 6,295 11-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Moosekahuna [TeeCee]
  TIME TO GET MEDIEVAL ON THIS FORUM mangö (2) 75 21,229 04-29-2017, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Jerk [TC]