D&D in Tabletop sim?
So some friends and I are getting together tonight for some D&D, but when one of us is out of town we usually all still continue our campaign through Tabletop Sim. That got me thinking of doing this with you guys, if enough would be interested.
i haven't play D&D since i was a teen. I can't tonight, but i'd give it a try in future, sure.
What time, and what edition of D&D? Because I've played a lot of Pathfinder and 3.5, 1st edition, 4th, and 5th editions.

Also me and some friends have created our own edition which has a magic system based loosely off of magic the gathering, and combat rules based off of several editions of D&D.

If you and your friends wouldn't mind, I could easily play a pregen or something as soon as tonight. I'd just have to refresh my memory of the rules quickly.
[Image: 212457_101.png]
[Image: rSfDo6a.png]
Our regular group is mostly refined home brew with a ties to 3.5 but we could easily play 3.5. 

And i didnt really have any dates set i was just testing the waters and seeing who would be interested.
Depending on the day, I would be up to trying this. I have been wanting to actually experience D&D for a while now after seeing a few campaigns online, although these were set with 5th edition rules so I would have to be caught up on the differences.
"The alien mothership! If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - Zapp Branigan
3.5: everything is defined and explained far too thoroughly
5: eveything is kinda cinematic and easier but less balanced imo

Btw for a great series of podcasts and live D&D greatness, I definitely recommend searching up "Acquisitions Incorporated full playlist" on youtube. It has 3 seasons of podcasts which showcased the team from Penny Arcade playing 4th edition, then several live D&D events at Pax events. They've had Will Wheaton play with them and Patrick Rothfuss (author). I think in that playlist there's like 60+ hours of content, and I enjoyed all of it so far.

Also who would be the DM? I have very little experience in DMing compared to playing.
(11-10-2016, 04:17 PM)Jerk [TC] Wrote: 3.5: everything is defined and explained far too thoroughly
5: eveything is kinda cinematic and easier but less balanced imo

Btw for a great series of podcasts and live D&D greatness, I definitely recommend searching up "Acquisitions Incorporated full playlist" on youtube. It has 3 seasons of podcasts which showcased the team from Penny Arcade playing 4th edition, then several live D&D events at Pax events. They've had Will Wheaton play with them and Patrick Rothfuss (author). I think in that playlist there's like 60+ hours of content, and I enjoyed all of it so far.

Also who would be the DM? I have very little experience in DMing compared to playing.

YES! AI is a great for their D&D. 

I've been DMing for 3-4 years, but I'd be really happy to help anyone interested in learning, since the only way to get good at it is to run a few games. Also all the resources would be easy to get through pdf
@everyone in this thread

But to be serious Id be up to try some D&D with you guys.
The taste is like the butt, split in half - Swedish proverb  Cool
Would love to but don't have Tabletop Simulator.
 [Image: 27268cd21b.jpg]
[Image: 250px-Backpack_Bread_Box.png?t=20140619184826]
(11-10-2016, 07:09 PM)Detective Daisies [TC] Wrote: Would love to but don't have Tabletop Simulator.

Sell your breadbox
Very interested if we could find a day that could work for everyone.
If we can have another moderator/admin meeting we might bring it up after we have an initial event for table top sim D&D.

I vote for simplicity's sake, since I know the rules and since *Joey* knows them, 3.5 would be a nice edition to use, and either I could try to run a couple of one offs, or find someone more suitable to be a permanent DM. I'm not very comfortable DMing compared to playing.

(Joey is not actually 3d's name, but please call him that.)
(11-11-2016, 03:47 AM)Jerk [TC] Wrote: (Joey is not actually 3d's name, but please call him that.)

Please don't bend the knee to a cruel man. Call me Ian.
i'd be up, dont expect me to be very good though
k
Id like to point out Ive never played D&D but I demand to be the WIZAAAARRRD!
Aww, I was planning to play as a wizard named Burnie Cinders. Shit, will have to change my idea.
We can be wizards together Jerk <3 8)
*Thread Bump*

Anyone still have any interest in this? I have a coworker that got me really into D&D, but might be leaving come May, resulting in my group not having enough people to play. I'm wondering if anyone wants to try to get a weekly game together over the summer.
NERDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

jk pls no hurt me
[Image: 34ac8de48a.jpg]
(04-04-2017, 07:12 PM)CarDude714c[TC] Wrote: NERDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

jk pls no hurt me

You steal my damn jokes again Ima lighting bolt your ass! *racks Wizard staff*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  X-Wing on Tabletop Simulator Ongka 2 2,235 12-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Ongka